India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final will be a clash of the two most fancied sides of the tournament. Strong and confident, both these sides have a history of encounters and that too mostly crucial and tournament deciding encounters. Let us dig deeper into the possibilities surrounding this India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final.
India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final – The Situation
Another big tournament, a lot of nerves, a lot of excitement and piles of thrill and emotions which fly around with fans lined up outside the English venues. And yet again, we have the two most competent teams in the last decade. In the last ten years, the two seemed to have developed a liking towards tournament semi-finals and finals. But more interesting is the fact that the two fancy each other in crucial games now more than ever. Since 2008, India and Sri Lanka have played some 48 games together. In the last eleven matches played between the two, India have won 8 whereas the Lankans have managed only two victories against the Men in Blue. So how will the action and unfold and what all should a humble viewer watch out for? We chalk out the Ten Steps to Glory or in simple terms the ten factors which will be of huge prominence in this India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final.
India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final – Ten Steps To Glory
1. The Indian batting line up which runs deeper than the Mariana Trench and is stronger than Thor’s hammer. A bit of exaggeration? I guess not. If you look at the amount of runs Dhawan, Sharma and Karthik have scored in the five games the three have played, it helps in identifying India’s batting line-up as the most dangerous batting line-up in this tournament. India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final will see a lot of runs being scored, esp. from these three.
2. The Indian fielding has been able to remove some 25-30 runs on an average from the opposition’s total. This fielding unit is not just currently the best in the world but actually one of the best in the history of the game. India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final will see the Lankans having a hard time picking up quick singles or pushing the ball in the outfield.
3. The Indian pace attack has been blessed with swing sultan Bhuvneshwar Kumar as well as pace pandit Umesh Yadav. While Yadav can be a bit expensive at times, Kumar is a bowler of line and length. He can swing the ball both ways and creates that pressure which can either fetch him wickets or assist the pacy Yadav and experienced Ishant to grab wickets. India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final will see the likes of Kumar exploit the English conditions.
4. The Indian spin bowling unit is another advantage that the Men in Blue bring in. The likes of Ashwin and Jadeja have already troubled the batsmen in the tournament and will be a big challenge for the Lankans as well. India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final will get topsy and curvy.
5. Lastly, India’s middle order which has provided a much needed support to the team for a long time now. You have the attacking yet reserved Raina and then you have the Mr. Consistent MS Dhoni who is known for winning matches. If this was not enough, a certain Ravindra Jadeja can be very dangerous as he builds partnerships when the team is in dire straits and can launch an all out attack on the opposition towards the end of the innings. India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final might see the Indian middle order tested.
SRI LANKA- ADVANTAGES
1. The biggest advantage for the Lankans is the deadly trio of Mahela-Sangakkara-Dilshan. The three most experienced players can win matches on their own. The talented, consistent and destructive batting unit will look to give the Lankans a good firm start followed by a classy finish. India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final will play host to the three Lankan gentlemen of the game.
2. Kulasekara can and most probably will make the difference in this India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final. Kulasekara’s ability to move the ball and his recent heroics with the bat have put him in the category of an all-rounder. When India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final takes off, one can expect a lot from this young fellow.
3. Slinger Malinga will always be a threat. The man can bowl yorkers at will. Malinga will be looking to get back at Kohli who humiliated Malinga in Australia not too long ago. Malinga will walk out in the India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final to sweep the batsmen off their feet, well literally.
4. Another important point is that the Lankas too are riding high on confidence. After a somewhat shaky start to the tournament, they have managed to enter the sem-finals. Not to forget, they did beat England by seven wickets. And then the Australian affair added some tension. But overall, the Lankans must be pretty confident when entering this India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final and nothing is more dangerous than a pack of confident Lankan Lions.
5. Lankans will have a hard time getting past Indians who are favourites to win the tournament. But the two teams from the sub-continent have a lot in common. Not to forget the Lankans have retained most of the players from their World Cup 2011 squad whereas India has seen an influx of young talent with only three players from the victorious WC squad present in this side (Kohli,Dhoni and Raina). The Lankans might just surprise everyone here during this India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final.
India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final should be a close contest. But if all the stats and the conditions are taken into account, India seem to be the favorites to win this India vs Sri Lanka Champions Trophy Semi Final.